The Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP) is a high quality 247 hectare Business Park that has been developed by the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism. The Park is situated in a superb location with excellent connectivity and access to both the Bahrain International Airport and the Shaikh Khalifa Sea Port in Hidd. The BIIP enjoys direct motorway access to Saudi Arabia, via the 25KM Saudi-Bahrain King Fahd Causeway and will enjoy the same connectivity to Qatar via the Qatar-Bahrain Friendship Bridge.
The BIIP is designed to attract export oriented companies, in manufacturing and internationally traded services, with high value projects that will contribute to creating quality local employment.
The Park offers unique incentives including:
- 0% Corporate Tax with a 10 year guarantee
- Duty free access to the markets of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates)
- 100% Foreign Ownership
- Availability of serviced industrial land at extremely competitive rates
- Renewable 25 year leases
- No recruitment restrictions for the first 5 years
- Dedicated assistance of a professional management team
The target market for the BIIP is local, regional and international companies looking to develop manufacturing or international services operations.
Projects from a wide range of sectors have been approved for the park including food products, medical technology, household products, electronics devices, packaging materials and electrical switchgear manufacturing. Companies will also undertake activities in export led services including insurance claims administration, advanced information systems, software application systems and high technology printing services.