BIIP (Bahrain International Investment Park) Incentives
- 100% foreign ownership
- 0% corporate tax (with a 10 year guarantee)
- Exemption from import duties on raw materials and equipment
- Duty free access to all GCC markets (unlike Free Zones in the region)*
- Free Trade access to USA
- 100% repatriation of capital
- No recruitment restrictions
- No Minimum capital required
* BIIP offers companies a 5% margin against Free Zones in the GCC
Similar to Free Zones, Bahrain enjoys duty free imports of raw materials and equipment for manufacturing.
Under legislation, products manufactured in a Free Zone (e.g. Jebel Ali in Dubai) are subject to 5% customs duties when sold into GCC (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and U.A.E.) and other Arab markets.
However, as the Bahrain International Investment Park is not a Free Zone but rather an integral part of the GCC, products manufactured in Bahrain and sold into GCC and other Arab markets are free of import duties. This provides a 5% margin against Free Zone locations.
A Landmark Investment Park
- 2,500,000 m² land at US$2.66 (BHD 1) per m² / year
- World Class Physical Environment
- High Management Standards
- Special Customs procedures with dedicated customs unit onsite
- Located 5km from Bahrain International Airport
- Adjacent to the Khalifa Bin Salman deep water port
- Renewable 25 year leases
- Pre-built industrial and office units available to rent
- Electricity at US$0.04 (16 Fils) per kW